Are you ready to speed up this scale up? And by doing so, accelerating the energy transition with hydrogen as primary energy carrier?
HYGRO’s mission is to develop, build and operate a sustainable supply chain with hydrogen as the primary energy carrier. Our ambition is to become the market leader in the Netherlands as green hydrogen energy company with the focus on replacing diesel. By 2027 the ambition is to have a nationwide network of hydrogen production locations, hubs and satellite refuelling stations to supply at least hydrogen to a 1.000 truck equivalent.
We are a motivated, fun, and a fast growing company with at the moment 12 FTE employed. You will be part of HYGRO’s business development team which currently consists of 1 project developer, 1 business developer and the director business development. Currently there are 2 vacancies in this team. Since we are a small team and you’ll be working for a start-up, there is a big variety in the work activities and not a day will be the same. Important is to have a flexible mindset and an eagerness to learn fast. You will get the opportunity to learn a lot and you’ll have the chance to help structure and grow the business.
As a business developer, you will play a vital role in developing the business of HYGRO Energy to reach its 2027 targets.
Activities you could be working on:
- You will be working on the development and improvement of the business concepts for HYGRO. This means you will play a role in improving the business plan, improve our value propositions, work out business cases and pricing strategies. You will make sure HYGRO’s business and propositions fulfil customer needs by staying up to date with market trends and customer needs.
- Since we are developing hydrogen projects in an early market it is key that besides the hydrogen infrastructure, also the demand for hydrogen is realised at the same time. You will play a role in accelerating this demand by finding new (long term) offtake possibilities for green hydrogen. For example, by accelerating the introduction and adoption of hydrogen fuel cell electric (heavy-duty) vehicles and applications for construction sites.
- To increase the demand for hydrogen we are developing a mobility-as-a-service solution that includes a full operational lease service, aftersales and hydrogen for end-use applications. You will be working on developing this service further. Activities you can think about are: Work out business cases for end users, development of the business plan, drawing up lease contracts, developing a plan for aftersales, reaching out to potential customers and manufacturers for hydrogen fuel cell electric applications.
- Finding suitable grants and writing grant applications to facilitate the future growth of HYGRO. Coordinate grants administratively and coordinate with issuing governmental bodies
- You will make sure to keep up to date with relevant laws and regulations.
- You will also be writing and negotiating cooperation agreements and contracts with partners and customers
What we are looking for
- Masters degree (for example entrepreneurship, business administration, transport and logistics, supply chain management) with preferably 0-2 years work experience
- Knowledge of the hydrogen and electricity market and technology is a pre
- Hands on, motivated, eager to learn about hydrogen end-use applications and customer needs
- You like to work with deadlines, and deliver qualitative results
- Business development skills
- Ability to manage numerous projects and relationships simultaneously and you are good in keeping an overview.
- Proficiency in both Dutch and English
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, good in building relationships
- Highly proficient in MS Excel and PowerPoint
- Willingness to travel
Are you interested in this job opening?
For more information about this job/HYGRO or the application procedure, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org, or call on Jan Willem Langeraar on +31 6 41 24 61 14.
To apply for this job, please send your motivation letter and CV to email@example.com.